Monday, January 25, 2010

Melancholy

















Melancholy…
the wind whispers
it's song penetrate my veins
licks at my hair
blinding my way

I lost my stand
On hollow ground
Harvest cant grow
My crop has failed
I turn the earth
To salvage my prayer

In times of turmoil
I sing to thee
There never was a place for me
The cracks beneath my feat
I drench with tears
Begging the rain
To fall with ease

My failed attempts
My comfort has vanished
Pierced your skin
and bound your heart
Perfection in pride
My anger releases
I travel to learn

The Answer's forgiven
To my self I lie
I must carry the burden
The truth I'm not ready
Today my mind is lightning
My heart is filled with thunder
The storm is foreboding
I carry my hunger

Beaten
defeated
I bow my head
Cris cross my core

I long to secure
My castle's walls
Free from silence
Is my final plea

No comments:

Post a Comment