Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Unbound


When I named my blog, Desire Unbound, there was so much emphasis in my life on moving away from co-dependency and dysfunction in what was and IS the most important and truest love I've ever known. Lessons, as many as grains of sand on the beach were flying through my conscious at lightning speed that at times I couldn't catch them and place them in my box of "life". They would hit me at any moment, in the shower, driving to work, making school lunch, etc.

I learned that love can't be caged in, that people project their biggest fears onto you in time of stress, that the power of love is so strong that it can endure anything, I learned that how you say things - tone, words, are so powerful that they can melt a person or scar them for life, I learned that I can and will survive anything and I'll do it with patience, caring, class and determination. I learned that I can't control what other's think about me and that it really only matters what I think of myself. I learned to never define myself by other's views and that in truth I am an amazing person, with value, strength, creativity and endurance. But, alas, this is just a miniscule amount of all the lessons I've learned this past year and 1/2.

So while I have needed to ensure that I am UNBOUND - It took me quite some time to unravel the bindings that I allowed myself to be in.

Side note: Desire has a fierce fetish to be physically bound ;-)

A moment

There is a moment
When the fog clears and the blue envelopes

There is a moment
When the sun warms again and the air is thick with knowing

There is a moment
When the hunger is no longer nagging
And the years wash over you in constant waves of haunting memories

There is a moment
When peace settles into your bones
And the ache of the catastrophies dull into the distance

There is a moment
When you learn that all the shattered pieces have merged
And the vessel is the life that you have built

There is a moment
And that moment is now

DV/hpr 7/16/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment